- Escapism – For me writing allows me to escape the real world for a period of time. I will shut myself in a room in front of my PC and in that period of time anything goes. There are no rules or limits to what I have to write or do and I love the idea of creating new world. While I am writing it also allows me to channel emotions into my characters and gives me away to express myself. I can't help but be the character while writing (acting habit) and the prospect of being whoever I want to be, even for a split second, is exciting for me.
- Passion – From a young age I have loved writing. I started with poetry when I was four and when I got my first poem published in an anthology at the age of 12 my passion grew, especially when I continued to get another published a few years later. My writing just got bigger, more developed and longer as I grew. I love everything about writing - well nearly, I hate editing – but besides that everything from planning, writing, promoting and cover design I would do all day. I can easily spend 12hrs straight writing and I don't regret any time spent doing it. It is one of the things I love most.
- Creativity – I have always been more creatively inclined. Yes I am good at academics and I could apply for top universities with the grades I get, but frankly this doesn't interest me in the slightest as I have to spread my efforts across a bigger work load to achieve what I want. I would rather be making up my own stories, pieces of art, photographs etc than studying for an exam or sitting in an office all day. The traditional subjects or 'highly' regarded subjects hold no interest for me and even though people are pressuring me to follow a job which brings status and a high income I want a creative job that will make me happy.
- Driven – I am driven to succeed and meet the goals I have set myself. I don't like giving up or failing at stuff I enjoy and because I am so passionate about writing it is driving me even more to continue with it. I want to be my own boss and succeed at something I love, as to me writing doesn't feel like work; I will happily get up every morning without struggle to write.
- Happiness – Above all when I am writing I am at my happiest. I could spend hours doing it (which I have on many occasions). If I didn't get pleasure from writing I wouldn't be doing it. I feel lucky that I have found something I enjoy so much at an early age and as long as it continues to bring me the happiness it does, I will keep at it.
~~ P.S My Book Deadly to Love is Free on Amazon on 2nd Dec AMAZON ~~